A duvet is mainly preferred by home dwellers for its multipurpose features. It can be any kind of duvet bought at reasonable price in the market or customised by providing the exact size and type you will prefer to utilise.
Why people like to buy duvets?
- Bed looks elegant when duvet is spread on it.
- Acts as protective cover for your bed.
- Provides warmth to your body in wintry nights when used as sleeping sheets.
As there are an array of duvets available in the market it will be beneficial to know more about them before embarking on buying the best suitable among the numerous options.
Here are few guidelines
- Must suit the decor of your bedroom. Mismatching duvet colour won’t look elegant when it is spread on your bed.
- Comfort: duvet when used as a sleeping aid needs to act as a great comforter. This quality of the bedding accessory depends mainly on its fillings. A standard size duvet’s fill power should be between 600 to 800 clusters. The most popular materials used as fillers are feather, wool or synthetic fibres. Milkweed plants are even used as eco green filler to avoid any allergens to get accumulated in the duvet.
- Composing of the duvet varies in accordance to the size, price and the preference of its buyer.
Mentioning few popular ways duvets are stitched
- Sewn – through: It is one of the best ways to elongate the durability of duvet. The stuffing will be held tightly and moreover there will be no chance of the seams easily getting loose.
- Baffle: In this kind, strips of fabric are used to hold the sides of the duvet. This kind of stitched duvet usually has every chance of loosening even though can held multiple layers of fibres or any kind of fillets used as warmers.
- Channel composing: This helps in shifting the fillets, thus the duvet can be used as cover in warm climate too.
- Box stitched pattern: Mostly used to compose low priced duvet. The stiches are box shaped and wide gaps remain for loosening the fillings.
Know about quilt covers from bed spread sewers or from online links marketing bed spreads.